For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Wileyfox Europe Limited (company number 07648053) of Jubilee House, Townsend Lane, London NW9 8TZ.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that we collect about your use of the Site, including:
- information on how you access the Site. This may include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet and your location and
- details of your visits to the Site. This may include pages viewed, the resources that you access, the products that you view and search for, and related traffic data, location data and other communications data.
- Information that you provide to us (e.g. when you register to use the Site, fill in any forms on the Site, search for a product or place an order for a product, or when you communicate with us by phone, email or any other means). This information may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit/debit card information, and information relating to any products that you purchase from us (such as the IMEI number of your mobile telephone handset). We may monitor and record calls that you make to our customer services department for training and quality purposes.
- Information that we receive from other sources, including information that we may receive about you from payment and delivery services, analytics providers and other third parties. We are able to retain any data (including contact details) that you provide on the Site, even if you do not complete your registration or transaction (e.g. by clicking continue, submit or next). Those contact details and data may be used to contact you to enquire why you did not complete your registration or transaction.
For detailed information on the cookies that we use and the purposes for which we use them, please see our Cookies Policy. By accessing the Site you consent to the terms of our Cookies Policy. You can disable cookies through your browser settings if you wish.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal data that we hold about you for the purposes of:
- providing our services to you;
- processing your order;
- contacting you when necessary;
- providing information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services;
- informing you of upgrades or changes to our products or new products or services;
- enhancing and developing new products and services;
- dealing with complaints and issues relating to our products or services;
- research, surveying, polling, general campaigning, and engaging with you, including sending you messages (email or SMS) for these purposes on our, or a third party’s, behalf;
- providing, or permitting selected third parties to provide, information to you relating to other products or services that may be of interest to you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services that are similar to those which we have previously sold (or negotiated the sale of) with you. If: (i) you are a new customer; or (ii) we permit third parties to use your data, then we (or they) will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) if you have agreed that we (or they) can. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please: (i) tick the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data; (ii) use the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email or SMS message we send you; or (iii) let us know by [insert hyperlink] to support page;
- ensuring that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- providing customised content and making recommendations based on your past activities;
- informing you of any changes to the Site, or to our services or products;
- administering the Site and carrying out internal operations; and
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of your information is important to us. We maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you send to us electronically and it may be possible for that information to be intercepted. Sending that information to us is entirely at your own risk.
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the circumstances detailed below:
- if we have to share your personal data with any suppliers in order to allow them to perform our services, or carry out any activities set out in the section entitled “Use of your information” above, on our behalf;
- if we disclose your personal data to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in improving and optimising the Site;
- if you have consented to us sharing your personal data with selected third parties whose products and services may interest you;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions (available on the Site) or any other agreement with you, or to protect our rights, property or safety;
- in the event that we sell (or propose to sell) any or all of our business or assets to a third party, or the shares in Wileyfox Europe Limited are sold (or proposed to be sold) to a third party, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the buyer or prospective buyer of that business, those assets or those shares; or
- for the purposes of fraud protection and reducing the risk of fraud.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
ACCESS TO INFORMATION, CORRECTION AND UNSUBSCRIBING
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any personal data that we hold relating to you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data, please contact us. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the personal data.
You have the right to ask us not to use your information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right: (i) by checking certain boxes on the forms that we use to collect your data; (ii) by using the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing emails or SMS messages we send you; or (iii) at any time by contacting us.